Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Mayday and May Day...



Yucky, icky and just plain gross came to visit yesterday.  After avoiding the dreaded lice outbreak over  15 years of parenting and countless close encounters it showed up yesterday on my two boys.  I checked everyone 1st thing yesterday morning after a note from a fellow parent Sunday evening.  I was much calmer about the whole thing than expected and was really just too overwhelmed and exhausted by all the washing, combing, laundry etc...to get too freaked out.  I will say the brand new hair shears were an inspired purchase and made the whole thing so much easier to deal with on two boys who needed haircuts anyways.  We will re-treat everyone with the non-toxic Fairy Tales line and another home remedy in 7 days and then again in 14 days.  But, today is my birthday and when I blew out my candle (during the ice cream for breakfast birthday extravaganza) I made a wish to keep the critters away just to be safe.  There were lovely handmade cards and thoughtful gifts this morning and I'm meeting Chuck at the lumber mill to pick up some scraps for painting and a special project/birthday gift he is going to build for me (more on that in a few weeks!).  For dinner Chuck is making his amazingly delicious crab cakes and  napa cabbage buttermilk slaw and I saw a yummy bottle of white wine in the fridge to complete the feast.  All in all, I think it's going to be a pretty spectacular day : )

2 comments:

wandamarie.blogspot.com said...

a very special HAPPY BIRTHDAY wish to you beth! i too have been through this when my daughter was in pre-school and so i commend you for not freaking out too much. eep, it's so much work when you find everything in your house where they COULD be, exhausting! ENJOY YOUR DAY/S! i always love seeing your work and feel so blessed to see it every day in my own home! xo

artslice said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, Beth!! Despite the lice critters (bleh!) it sounds like your birthday is turning out to be very sweet and grand. Hope the dinner is extra special. Can't wait to see what your hubby is whipping up :)