Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Mother Nature...


seems to be a bit indecisive today.  My studio is set up in the one car garage and I need to have the door completely rolled up for proper ventilation when I paint.  Since I woke up this morning we've had torrential downpours, strong winds, thunder and lightening, sunshine and rainbows and a wee bit of hail (yes, that's right, all of this in the past 10 hours).  So I've gotten in a few bits of painting today but not as much as I had planned.  I'm still working on the list from Friday and am happy to report that the two new paintings I listed sold  (I made a donation to the Red Cross but it just doesn't seem like enough in the face of all the suffering and heartbreak...in this type of situation does anything seem like enough?). 
It definitely feels like a Monday.....

6 comments:

mummysam said...

it's a "day in the morning" of weather (oooh...did I just say that? I think I may have stooped to a new low comedic wise.)

the nest said...

that is a beautiful tree! stay cozy, whatever you do! xo

Janice La Verne said...

You have described Oregon weather in the spring. It does it all in one day...

Congrats on the sales. Your work is so unique, and very personal. I think people need that... it's a connection thing.

Goals for my last week? I'd like to finish my 6, 16x20 paintings (2 down, 4 to go) and make more drawings. I'd love to have painted on all the structures I brought. I want to work a lot!!

chrissy said...

mother nature is so silly sometimes.
it's been raining all day in arizona today.
i had to bundle up in my rainboots, sweater and fingerless gloves and just yesterday we were in shorts and flipflops with the AC on.
i have my eye on one of your pieces in your etsy store.
i'm saving my pennies.
congratulations on your sales there.
happy tuesday.
chrissy

tangled sky studio said...

sammi-your new work=all kinds of awesome
annri-knitting=cozy (i am)
janice-it's new to me (and ggod luck!)
chrissy-she's a diva!

Sleepandhersisters said...

wow that sure does sounds like moody weather!!!