Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Inching closer...


...to pushing these little birdies from the nest.  Right now the  main elements of each piece are set (or at least i think they are) and the details can be etched in as each idea comes to fruition.  This is the part of the process I love and I can't wait to get back to work later this afternoon.  I stumbled across this video last night and  I love that it is in Chicago. As much as I am enjoying my time here in Northern California I am truly looking forward to getting back to The Windy City, The City of Big Shoulders, Chi-town, Home.  So enjoy the video and check out the project "The Beckoning of Lovely"...what a beautiful concept.

7 comments:

the nest said...

love that video! it is an amazing project.

your project is looking great,too! that's a lot of work. i look forward to their finishing details.

peace, beth.

Janice La Verne said...

This video makes me cry. Anyone doing positive or kind things makes me cry!

I would love to visit Chicago some day. My father was born and raised in Glen Ellyn (not sure that is spelled right) and I have relatives there.

tangled sky studio said...

it brings tears to my eyes too...i think it so beautifully captures the generous and open spirit which i identify with the mid-west . it just really warms my heart and spirit and i wanted to share it with all of you.

Gloria Freshley Art and Design said...

Hi Beth,

Just wanted to let you know that I've enjoyed following your blog for the past several months (just "joined" officially) and I've also enjoyed discovering new artists through your links. Love your work.

Best, Gloria

belinda marshall said...

your pieces are looking pretty sweet here ~ love the flowers on the bottom one especially.
my internet is running so slowly, {at the end of the month!} not sure it can play a video :(

chrissy said...

thanks for sharing a sneak peak at your latest pieces of wonderful work.
i LOVE amy krouse rosenthal. she is brilliant in the most wonderful simplistic way to me.
i love her work, and this video is one of those "feel.good" visions to watch.
c

artslice said...

These paintings are looking lovely! I'll check into your shop and see them up close as soon as they arrive :)
BTW, doing 'house portraits' is a great idea... I'm going to have to give it more thought!!