Thursday, February 12, 2015

nine new new works...

emotional block no.30 (the sum of us)::wee happy home::to be in love
wild hare No.6::two heads are better than one::emotional block No.29(blossom)
here comes the sun::domesticity::intuit


Just a quick post to share a few small pieces (and one larger piece 'domesticity')I finished up this week.  I spent much of January and early February working on larger pieces which I love but find a bit tricky.  The wee paintings are my sweet spot.  They allow me to convey ideas, color and emotion on a very human scale.  You can hold them in your hand and these wee blocks can be handled and easily managed and tucked into daily life.  The larger pieces are messier, harder to handle, they take longer to figure out.  The little stuff keeps us going and the big stuff can be hard.  But it takes a mix of both to complete the big picture, right?  One doesn't seem as good without the other.  I certainly have a mix of big and small stuff going on right now and as usual once I step back and look at it, my work reflects that.  Well, that a whole bunch of rambling I wasn't intending to do so I guess I better wrap it up.

{stay warm and enjoy the small stuff}