Thursday, November 10, 2011

lost in wonder...


The first snowflakes drifted through the air this morning so light and sparse and beautiful. It was yet another reminder (along with darkness at 4:30 pm) that autumn is behind us and we are heading gently into winter. Right now as I try to write this post, four men are cutting concrete and using a sledgehammer right outside my studio window. I'm not sure what they're doing or how long the mind numbing noise will go on but luckily I have a field trip planned. I'm heading to Owl Lumber to pick up a few large boards and some hopefully lots of scrap wood for painting. The collage I put together in my last post led me to an a-ha moment about a way to work larger and I'm super excited to get started on something. I was planning to start on a group of Party Girls and Glamour Girls this morning and have my wings, words and blocks all ready to go but they will have to wait until this evening. They are very patient girls and I realized yesterday just how long they have been missing from my shop. I worked late last night and have almost completed my 2nd 6" x 22" painting and will share that tomorrow. I've got beans in the slow cooker for dinner, just ordered lots of the best bacon ever to put in the freezer for soups, pots of beans and sunday morning breakfasts which is another sure sign of winter is upon us. Stay warm, be well and may you find yourself lost in wonder today.

4 comments:

artslice said...

Ah! Snowflakes already?! Hope it doesn't come too fast and hard. Even though I'm a veggie, I think bacon is one thing I miss the most (and cracked crab) it makes a house smell so yummy, like Christmas morning. Have a great weekend.

Carole Reid said...

Wonder is the best place to find yourself lost!

belinda marshall said...

it's sounding peaceful and lovely at yours :)

tangled sky studio said...

brenda-crazy but yes a bit of snow!
carole-having a 7 year old around helps...
belinda- peaceful and lovely last about 10 minutes tops...but i'll take it!