Wednesday, December 1, 2010

it's that time again...


The snow began falling today and there were many hearts warmed by these first dancing flurries. I love this time of year as the skies grow dreary and grey but the house glows with the warmth of the fire, the scent of fresh bread and pots of soup (which become staples) and piles of knitted hats, scarves and mittens near the door. It's at this cold and quiet part of the year that my home feels most like a haven to me. Spring is exciting and awake with possibility, Summer is a big out breath, Autumn is lovely and a bit wistful but Winter is deeply nourishing to me. If I had to choose I would say that Autumn is actually my favorite season but I need them all...how about you?

2 comments:

mummysam said...

hmmm....I would have to agree. Right now I am using those radiators again for raising dough! (one of my favourite things in the whole world..that and come out of a bath with freshly heated towels from those same radiators.ahhhh)

Tara Thayer said...

yes, to all of this.
so well said, well written.

sorry i've been so out of touch. hope all is well. you must love to be "home" again.
xo