Friday, October 1, 2010

Finally...


Soup season has arrived. It's my favorite time of the year. All of my veggies mix and mingle and every bit of autumnal goodness is put to use. The idea of a one pot meal is timeless and comforting and communal. For this garden in a pot soup I combined onion, carrots, celery, tomatoes, zucchini, kale and cannellini beans. The broth really came to life with the addition of fresh basil, sweet paprika and a parmesan rind thrown in for good measure. It was delish! So, what's in your pot these days?

3 comments:

artslice said...

Yum! It looks divine... and oh so comforting. Happy Friday, Beth.

the nest said...

mmm...! last night we had spinach pasta w/bacon, kale, squash & garlic and it was nummy. :)

Sleepandhersisters said...

I'm with you Beth... Autumn is my favourite time of year too. I love making and eating a bacon and bean soup... bacon, corgettes, carrot, tomato puree, kidney beans, potato, kumera and pretty much anything you want.

Man... I miss Autumn. x