Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Brrrr.....



Ok, truth be told it is 50 degrees here today but there is a damp chill hanging around.  So here I sit in my fleece jacket sharing a few pieces I'll have to get back to tomorrow (the wax is cooling too quickly with the garage door rolled up at this temp....sigh).  I wasn't sure exactly what I was going to do with these small boards I prepped yesterday but as usual life unfolds and inspires once again (more on that tomorrow....).  My studio is a mess after two weeks of piling bits of paper, text and ribbon like a bird feathering her nest.  It made it a little tricky to work  but I just started cutting , dipping and painting while the Crows and Ravens cawed loudly outside my door and Andrew Bird filled my studio with melancholy and poetry.  Loving life today, how about you?

6 comments:

gretchenmist said...

thanks for the peek, i like the texture and colours already!

sounds like a perfect day :)

Kim Hambric said...

Looking forward to seeing more of these pieces.

Thanks for the uplifting studio words -- it is not making a mess, it is feathering a nest.

Beth said...

do you like the new-ish andrew bird? i couldn't get into it as much as his older albums.

artslice said...

Looks like the start of something good. That damp, cold air seems colder than it really is sometimes!

Nancy*McKay said...

...warmly...mE too...

layers said...

50 degrees sounds nice-- we are freezing here-- out of messes (in the studio) comes fabulous work like yours