Thursday, June 4, 2009

never one for leaving well enough alone....



Sometimes I make up things to do.  It's not as if there isn't enough going on around here but I get something in my head and a day is gone. So here you have the 24 hour transformation of our 4th bedroom.  My fingers still aren't working very well after using 2 cans of primer and 7 cans of spray paint to give new life into this beadboard bed and an old dresser but I'm quite happy with the outcome.  Tomorrow I head to Beverly, MA for an encaustic conference at The Montserrat College of Art ( I am so excited...three whole days of art!)  Have a great weekend!

PS:   My newest painting  turned out to be the perfect compliment to the Denyse Schmidt quilt I had in the linen closet...

6 comments:

Tara Thayer said...

Oh, my, talented woman. I noticed the connection between the painting and the quilt right away. Really nice, Beth.
Enjoy the conference, that sounds wonderful.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

looks good! I really like your bedspreads.

I am so jealous of your trip to the conference!! Have a great time and I can't wait to hear all about it.

Aris said...

Have fun at Montserrat! I got my BFA there years ago!

Luna Levy said...

I just wanted to let you know that I'm having another giveaway this week, so please drop by :)

lilylovekin said...

Just wanted you to know I love your latest painting and can't wait to see it in your shop.

belinda marshall said...

wow, 3 days ~ sounds fantastic. hope you had a great time.
great job with the furniture, and the match is uncanny :)