Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday....


Hey There....
Thank you for all the comments on the photographs in my last post!  I wish I could take all the credit but I think this lens has a lot to do with it.   I worked on both house paintings last night and am just about to finish up a new encaustic painting which I will post tomorrow but I wanted to share the expression on this little gal's face.  You would think that someone with flowers in her hair would look a bit happier but I just can't bring myself to change her expression (I still have a lot of work to do on her).   She is another experiment in the oil and beeswax thing I've got going on here and her fate is yet to be determined. 
Back to work.....

7 comments:

Meri said...

It's as if she discovered she's allergic to flowers, now, right this instant. ohmygod -- get them out of my hair before my face swells.

Michele Maule said...

Her expression is priceless!
I'm glad you didn't change it! :D

Jamie Ribisi-Braley said...

It's as if she was twirling around in a wonderful dance and someone made her stop dead in her tracks. And she wasn't happy about it at all. :)

Bumble Belly Designs said...

It's like I'm looking in a mirror. I've been a bit shell shocked by life lately - It's honest and real! Love it!

Sleepandhersisters said...

I guess we all feel a little like that at times...

belinda marshall said...

i like her!

Leililaloo said...

I really like her! Is this a nea roade you turned? It's interesting to see what is going to happen.