Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sharing...


I am sharing a few things today that are not paintings.  A wet basement and a few other things have kept me out of my studio the past few days but today I was rewarded with a special and eagerly anticipated package.  The photo above is the sweetest picnic blanket ever!  It is made by friend Dana whose Etsy shop Leillilaloo is filled with all kinds of goodies.  The colors, fabrics and attention to detail (tucked into a basket) make this the most lovely and special gift ever (it's for my nieces).  There are more detailed photos of a new one of a kind picnic blanket here.
 The other thing I want to share is my excitement over the new etsyencausticblog.  An ever expanding group of encaustic artists who sell on etsy are joining forces and creating a place to share skills, ideas and inspiration.  We have many things in the works right now and I'm going to be heading up the monthly "skill share" page and the "monthly theme" page of the blog.  Anyone who paints in encaustics or is interested in learning more about the process is invited to check out the site here.  There's lots of information on the site and all are welcome!

2 comments:

artslice said...

What an adorable blanket, I love it! That will be a sweet gift.

How's the basement doing? Hope you're back to painting soon.

Leililaloo said...

Thanks for writing about this in your blog, Beth!