Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tool of the Urban Troubadour


As I get ready to spend the weekend at Lollapalooza listening to oodles of live music I felt the need to pay homage to the instrument that speaks most profoundly to my heart...the acoustic guitar.  Many songs that end up being electrified, amplified and synthesized start out as a simple melody or heartfelt poem in a basement, bedroom or studio.  That is where the connection between the musical artist and the visual artist intersects...we both start with nothing and end up with something.  Sometimes we end up with a whole lotta nothin' but sometimes we are able to connect with other people through what we make and that's really cool.  

2 comments:

Michele Maule said...

I could not make art without music. Well, I probably could, I just wouldn't enjoy it as much.
Lucky you! Going to Lollapalloza. I heard that there were some really great bands playing this year :)

tangled sky studio said...

a good time was had by all though the crowds were a bit much this year...rogue wave, the black keys and broken social scene were awesome but my heart belongs to wilco....