Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My teeny-tiny studio...






Welcome to my studio blog!  I am starting this blog in an attempt to better manage creativity and dailiness.  By opening up my studio and sharing process of encaustic painting I'm hoping to connect with other artists and give some context to my work for potential customers.  So to begin this journey I'll start by sharing a few photos of my tiny but much loved studio.  It has no door and used to be catch all storage room with lots of built in shelves. Encaustics is not really a portable or "kitchen table" medium and so carving out this space to set up my equipment and a ventilation system was really important.  I'm also including a few photos of a new and kind of large piece I started yesterday....

1 comment:

RetroAlchemist said...

Your studio may be tiny, but you produce some beautiful art in it!

Saw you first on etsy, where I fell in love with Swimming in Seaweed. Wonderful colors!