Friday, September 26, 2014

Tiny new works...



The Polaroid


Emotional Block No. 21
(treasure box)



Emotional Block No. 20
(free thought)
So, it turns out that creating a large body of work takes a lot more time than I had originally anticipated.  Creating work in a group is easy peasy and I love to work that way.  For each group of 4 or 5 paintings, I usually love 2-4 of them and scrap 1-3.  Over the past week things seemed to be humming along nicely with lots of time to paint, ideas coming together and translating well onto the blocks.  But then, all of a sudden, I realized that I needed to really finish these pieces in order to count them as inventory.  Yikes.  Normally I paint sides, sign date and title and attach sawtooth hangers one at a time as things sell (not a great method but it suits my need to procrastinate).  The idea of having 32 painting to finish was really overwhelming.  Having to paint the sides of 32 blocks, sign, date and title them all and attach the sawtooth hangers took the entire week...but I did it!  I officially have a stash started for the One Of A Kind Fair.  I'm sharing a few new pieces here and adding them to my Etsy shop but most of the new work will be part of a slow growing army of paintings.  Wishing you all a super lovely weekend full of whatever you need to fill yourself up :)

No comments: