Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The meaning of words...



I've experienced a little lull in the studio over the past few weeks.  A combination of meeting deadlines, the daily grind and home improvement stuff had kind of sapped my creative spark. I struggled with this mental roadblock for a bit but then decided  to stretch myself and work in new ways while giving my full attention to things in my daily life.  The results were organic and soul stirring.  I created a very special gift for a dear friend and found the thread that always leads me down the path to new work.  That path is scattered with bits and pieces of text and color and words.  I found words I had set aside long ago and a few new ones too and I created dresses for these ladies, gathered party hats and crowns,  and will soon give them wings and golden hearts. The words themselves caught my eye but it is only in giving them to the girls that they take on meaning.  

Warm wishes for a week of unexpected inspiration...

No comments: