Saturday, November 9, 2013

Needle in a haystack...


All these needles but only four size 2 double points to be found.  Luckily my Mom has an equally abundant stash of needles and is going to loan me a 5th size two so I can cast on a pair of socks this afternoon.  I currently have two hats near completion and an infinity scarf in the works but I saw a dear friend (and knitting guru) at a school assembly last night working on a pair of socks and was inspired. Early this morning I pulled out a few skeins of the sock yarn I've kept during my 10 year sock knitting hiatus and wanted to cast on before discovering the missing needle.  I'm heading to my Mom's to drop Sage for a sleep over there with his cousin and will cast on before we take the two big kids to see the musical at the high school this evening (pre-show and intermission knitting works for me).  I'm not sure if it's the chill in the air, the autumn leaves blowing around the yard or the need for a fire each night that has me really excited about knitting socks but I'm going to go with it and hopefully end up with at least one (if not two) new pair of wool socks : )



1 comment:

Julia Kelly said...

The row of needles is beautiful- now I have the double pointed needles "bug"- but have to resist- too much too do till Christmas!