Thursday, November 21, 2013

progress (or the evolution of order)

Party Girl (blithe spirit) :: Hemmed In No. 1::  Party Girl (created to be seen and heard)
Floral No. 2 :: Floral No. 1 ::  color happiness


Well hello there.  Things here are moving along nicely but there is an endless amount of work as we near the finish line in the kitchen remodel.  I installed counter to ceiling subway tile last week (sooo much tile!!!) and have spent this week grouting one section at a time.  All of the adhesive, grout and water is hard on the hands and I am slathering on lotion every chance I get (gloves would have been a good idea).  I managed to get a few encaustic pieces completed for a small open house I participated in last weekend. 'A Show of Hands' was filled with lots of creative energy and inspiration.  A few paintings found new homes and a few (pictured above) will be in my shop soon. The last photo shows my wall-o-tile and includes the fabulously-full-of-raggedy color-happiness garland i brought home from 'A Show of Hands'.  It was love at first site as it is the perfect splash of color to my new mostly white kitchen.  So I'm am here working hard and thinking about this space often but giving myself over to the nose-to-the-grindstone-thing so we can finish up and have things in order before the holiday season begins. Time to hang the open shelving on my wall-o-tile....see you back here soon : )




No comments: