Monday, October 28, 2013

good food and good intentions...



Last week started out on an optimistic note but the reality of soccer and cross country overlapping with Peter Pan rehearsals, continued upheaval in the kitchen  and a 17th Birthday celebration led to a week with little painting to speak of or show.  While enjoying every bit of the sports wrap ups, photo shoots and birthday fun I did start to feel a little down about not getting into the studio and tried to putter around a bit on Sunday before pumpkin carving but my head just wasn't in it.  So with limited counter space and appliances I decided to turn to the recipe box for creative inspiration and tried this new recipe (now a favorite) to dress up simple roast beets.  I must admit that with my studio time and my kitchen time both being limited I'm a bit lost these days.  I really appreciated reading this post by Amanda this morning as I try to embrace the busyness of now, knowing that the time and inspiration for new work will come along with big pots of soup in a not-under-construction-kitchen sometime before the snowflakes begin to fly.  So with fall sports officially over, the excitement of Peter Pan taking over the house and Halloween Costumes to finish up I wish you a lovely, busy week full of joy.

No comments: