Wednesday, June 26, 2013

nesting...

::sun room before and after::

Greeting from Michigan!  We have been here about a week and a half and have been crazy busy nesting, unpacking and settling in.  C had to travel both weeks and so we worked very hard on the weekends doing two person jobs like ripping up (pink) carpet, laying hardwood flooring, taking down a mantle and (pink) tile work and beginning to tame a wild and over grown garden.   While he is away I have been busying myself with painting walls, prepping the fireplace surround for new tiles and weeding, weeding, weeding.  I am really happy with the way the sun room was transformed and we have been enjoying all of our meals there this past week. I haven't painted the windows yet and I have to say the natural wood is growing on me (maybe I'm just tired of painting?) The wood  mimics the color of the sisal rug in the room and the white oak flooring in the adjacent family room.  I think I will leave them for now but paint them white eventually...what do you think?  There will be more rooms to share as we continue to reinvent each space over time.  But getting the 1st two rooms (almost) done has quelled my nesting instinct and is helping this new house feel like our home.  I have been doing some encaustic work the past couple of nights and while my new studio is bigger and brighter, it is oh so much messier than my old space!  I'm trying to let go of my need for order go so that creating art and creating a home can happily coexist this summer....wish me luck : )

1 comment:

the nest said...

hello! welcome back to aa! i'm glad to hear that things are starting to feel like home, it's so important. i was driving down liberty to town tonight and thought i was behind your car, that made me smile. :) i kind of like the windows as they are...