Monday, January 21, 2013

Off to sea...




A rare evening post to share a bit of new work that has me smiling.  A friend from my son's school recently contacted me about creating a special piece of art for her upcoming anniversary. I agreed to meet with her to discuss some possibilities and today she stopped by with these amazing shells that she and her husband had collected on a recent family vacation.  All three shells are absolutely gorgeous and rather than picking one I decided to incorporate all three in a larger piece.  I'm thinking that they will really shine on a black background but they are so perfectly perfect next to my mermaids that I am already thinking up ways to do a little shell seeking myself  : )


oh and...made this for dinner and it was sooo good!


1 comment:

Jennifer Richardson said...

oh how I love seashells:)
all over my house, they live
in places of honor.
happy creating,
Jennifer