Thursday, December 27, 2012

making & merry


Season's greetings! 
We are back from my parent's house and looking forward to a long string of unstructured days which have plenty of room for relaxing, reading, baking, cooking, knitting, sewing and playing (inside and out).  Although we have 2" of snow on the ground the big storms have passed us by which leaves me with a bit of snow envy.  There is something so magical about the dark winter days brightened by sparkly snow outside and the wood burning stove inside.  Of course this is the romanticized vision of winter which also includes a big pot of soup on the stove and hand knit hats on every head : )  So along with the sense of wonder and beauty that the snowstorm may bring I wish all of you in it's path warmth and safety in the days to come. 


ps:   I will see you back here Friday with info on my annual New Year's Give Away!


2 comments:

belinda marshall said...

happy holidays! i love the idea of the unstructured days xx

Lakesideletters said...

nice to have you back! if you want to add a spaetzle project into the days to come - just let me know. :)