Thursday, October 1, 2009

good timing and good news....

The other day when I mentioned needing to add a few "Party Girls" to my shop little did I know four would arrive on my doorstep an hour later!  The four blocks I had sent to Somerset Studio for the photo shoot were all partially done and I must say it was very strange completing these pieces started so long ago.  I changed two dresses and a hat so that they are each unique.  Tomorrow I will add silver leaf at the top, take photos and add them to my shop.  I should finish them today but it is too windy to roll up the door in the studio and work with silver leaf and it's just too darn dark in there with the door closed.  When these little ladies arrived I truly laughed out loud about the whole "ask and you shall receive" thing.  Anyways, I also have some super exciting news to share today:  My Painting "The Social Workers" was accepted into the juried show "Cross Pollination" at the Womanmade Gallery in Chicago!  I am so very happy to be a part of something at this amazing gallery and hope to find a way to attend the show's opening in November.  Speaking of hope....C and I are are having dinner in the city tonight with some old friends at a place called Anchor and Hope.  I am fascinated by this name and the image of the things that weigh us down and the things that lift us up....it's a great name for a painting, don't you think?  I know the anchor in the title has to do with the fact that is a seafood joint but what can I say...
Have a great day!

7 comments:

Kim Hambric said...

Social Workers is a fantastic piece. Congratulations on getting into that show.

heather smith jones said...

Beth! Congratulations on getting a piece at Womanmade! You're right that is an awesome gallery and your work will make it even a bit brighter.

{ps. Thank you for your comment on my blog tonight, it made me smile and chuckle.} :)

artslice said...

Sounds like providence! Fantastic news about your painting... I'll check out the gallery link. Your dinner sounds very nice - hope you had a relaxing eve.

belinda marshall said...

that's really great news, congrats!

have a lovely night out :)

Elizabeth said...

Congratulations with your new step, hope you'll have a lovely dinner.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

congratulations, Beth! That's huge! Hope you'll be able to make it to the opening.

Anonymous said...

How awesome you'll be in Womanmade..what an honor..and well deserved...these foursome are beautiful and 'work' so well together..Orly