Sunday, November 16, 2008

talk, talk, talk...(oh, and talk some more....)



What an amazingly social, emotional and exhausting weekend I've had!  I am so happy to report that five of my paintings found new homes at the Friday night  group show I participated in.  It was a lovely and inspiring night filled with great conversations and connections.  On Saturday Chuck and I took the kids to a large and inspiring rally in Chicago protesting the passing of prop 8 in California.  Saturday evening we hosted a party for the parents in my little guy's class.  I can honestly say that talking about my work to so many people is still kind of odd...it makes me feel somewhat disconnected from the work.  It felt very good to be back in the studio this afternoon listening to music and getting to work on a few new pieces. 
 The top piece is entitled "Little Yellow Bird (contemplating song)" was inspired by the  experience of using my voice to try and impact change this weekend and over this past year.  This painting is now in my etsy shop with a few new "Glamour Girls" and "Party Girls".  The second piece is the beginning of an idea I've had in mind for a while that I hope to develop over the next few days...

12 comments:

Sleepandhersisters said...

Sounds like a very exciting weekend... congrats on the sales too, always a nice thing.

I feel a bit odd talking about my work too... It can be a bit like taking a piece of your soul out and having to explain its existence. It does leave me feeling a little disconnected.

I love the little yellow bird and am intrigued to see what happens with the bottom piece.

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

that little bird is pretty adorable. So glad you had an inspiring weekend :)

Janice La Verne said...

Thank you times a zillion for attending the rally.

Ginger says thank you too. You made my night.

Janice

blueberries in the fields said...

i love your little bird,very lovely work. i discovered your blog through reading another one. it is great to find wonderful talent all around the planet.
warm wishes.
monique

Carla Trujillo said...

Your work is really wonderful! It's nice to hear that you had a successful weekend in sales!

artslice said...

Wow, 5 paintings in one night! That is so cool, congrats! I find it a bit stressful talking about my work because it's personal and revealing...but, it's necessary.

Did the painting sell that was on the Moo cards you posted? Just wondering:) Anymore shows for the holiday season?
~Brenda

Leililaloo said...

Firts of all CONGRATULATIONS!!!! second of all; WONDRFULL painting this is. I love the milky quality of the bird paintings you do/did. It works so well with the beeswax.

tangled sky studio said...

hey there,
i'm glad to hear i'm not the only one that has a bit of an issue talking about their work...i think it was the two nights in a row that kind of got to me.
janice i just heard the chicago rally had 5000 in attendance-it was great. i feel my children really learned something about the importance of using their voices and how we need to stand together.
brenda- i still have that one...

rivergardenstudio said...

Your work is so lovely, I love the birds and the cages and how everything is drawn, painted so freely! Roxanne

belinda marshall said...

hi beth,
that's great u sold some paintings. i know what u mean re talking about your work, i find it really hard. looking forward to seeing the developments in this work {top one is beautiful} :)

Helen said...

I just happened upon your site. Glad I found it. I love your work. Lately I've been dabbling in encaustic art and I'm always interested in other people's creations. Congrats on the show too.

Bridgette Guerzon Mills said...

congrats on the sales last friday! sorry i couldn't make it. I really wanted to!