Sunday, October 19, 2008

Prep....


Twenty-three down and twenty-two to go....
I spent this evening sitting outside fine sanding these lovely maple blocks which are destined to become glamour and party girls.  Since my painting spree last week I haven't been back in the studio so I decided to get ready for a rainy monday by prepping these blocks.  Today was the quintessential autumn day and after a long walk on the beach I got down to work while the kids played in the yard.  Some of these girls will find their way to my etsy shop and some will be shipped off to a show in New York in early December. I really enjoy painting these girls and am looking forward to getting started on them tomorrow.  
Later this week I will add a print of my painting "Heart of Gold" to my etsy shop with $10.00 from every sale going to help Will Boyd.  It's been such an amazing experience to have my small gesture so appreciated and I look forward to being able to continue contributing to Will's fund.  I'm thinking about making prints of one or two other paintings as well...what do you think?
Cheers!

4 comments:

artslice said...

Hi Beth-
I'm so jealous of your beach walks! It sounds fabulous. Wow, you must have sore arms by now sanding all those panels. It's a good feeling preparing for a big burst of art making, I always love the potential of what can appear on a fresh painting surface.
Your prints sound cool, I say go for it!
Cheers,
Brenda

Leililaloo said...

Thank you beth, your comment was very much apprieciated. I feel so blessed having you as a friend!

I look forward seeing all of these great new pictures. You are to me aswell a costant source of inspiration!!!

mummysam said...

I like the wine companion in your picture.....I will let you know how vida's went for me as soon as I find out (I am quite anxious to know!)

Michele Maule said...

Oh! Don't you just love a big pile of panels ready to be painted?
Sounds like you've got some work to do.
Can't wait to see the out come.

I say go for the prints. See what happens. I was offering prints in my shop for a little while, and I might do it again for the holidays :)