Tuesday, March 17, 2015

What's going on....

the photo wall complete::new works in progress


Good Morning.  I am so happy to share my finally-after-more-than-a year-in the making-photo-wall.  Actually,  for just over a year I have had old unframed black and white photos taped to the photo wall as a placeholder for this project.  The project itself took just over a week to complete start to finish.  I had already decided that rather than try to include all the relatives and risk leaving anyone out I would make this a family wall.  I included each of the kids big and small, c & I, pets that meant so much to us and special places and things that define our family narrative.  Editing and resizing the photos in photoshop took the most time with some images just not working in the 10"x10" format I wanted to use.  And then there was the issue of the frame I chose (and sized all the photos to match) not being available any more (i was able to gather 20 of them by driving all over the place!).  It was a time consuming project but I am really happy with the way it turned out and am so happy to check that project off the list.
Over the weekend I started work on a new series which is tentatively titled 'Town and Country'.  The images are loosely based on barns and homes I pass every and the color combinations are just a slight brightening of a palette I have been drawn to lately.  I used R&F paint sticks and oil pastels for the structures and background and once they are dry I will apply clear encaustic medium over them and add some image transfers and incised detail.  The larger painting with the barn will have a walking path cobbled together from the bits of newsprint I have laid out which leads to what will be a pond at the top of the piece.  I like where these are going but need to give them the time to dry so now I am off to thrift for costume pieces for the High School Play :)

No comments: