Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Recap, regroup, add color...

new work

Hello there.  I'm back from my big adventure in The Windy City and I have to tell you it was an amazing experience!!!  It was so far out of my comfort zone that while I felt organized and prepared when I headed to Chicago, I truly had no idea what to expect. I knew I had to get to the docks, unload, file paperwork, get badges, check into the hotel, set up and prepare for massive crowds of people. I also knew my Mom and Dad, Chuck and some very dear friends were going to be there to help me out at different times over the 4 day event (BIG thanks and big HUGS). What I didn't know was that the Etsy support team would be super, super awesome and that my fellow Etsy Artists would be like little family.  I learned so much by participating in this show and am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that 67 pieces found new homes.  For reals. I feel like an empty nester.  Yesterday after I finished unpacking I got right back to work playing with color and shape.  My One Of A Kind Show adventure was educational, exhausting and energizing all at the same time.  I'm not sure if it's something I would do again next year.  I have a few smaller shows lined up that may be more my speed but then again maybe...

xx-

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanna see booth pics!!!!!

tangled sky studio said...

k...i'll post a few tomorrow :)

Carole Reid said...

Congratulations to you Beth for being brave and very talented!

Alyssa said...

SIXTY SEVEN! (cheer!) Congrats!