Saturday, September 7, 2013

New work

Midnight Swim*

The things that keep people together and keep people close are wide and varied.  These two share a love of quiet adventure and both believe a midnight swim is a magical thing.  "Midnight Swim" is a 9.25"x6.75" diptych made up of two equal salvaged wood blocks.  Just wanted to share this piece before the weekend got away from me.  It's been a busy week but I found quite a bit of time to work and I have just  listed this piece and a few smaller paintings in my etsy shop.  And if you haven't checked out ETA 14 yet,  I have to say you are missing out on all kinds of tiny goodness! You can check the show out on line here (or in person if you are lucky enough to be anywhere near Portsmouth, NH). 

*(the black in this painiting is slightly darker/deeper than it appears here...black wax is really tricky to photograph)