Friday, March 22, 2013

hi & bye & happy friday...

Night Vision 


Well, the time has come to say goodbye for a few weeks while we wrap things up here at the house.  We close on April 1st but we are heading off on another house hunting trip in Michigan and will move half of our things into storage there. When we return, we will move the things we need to live into the small apartment that will be our home for the next three months. It will be an adventure to be sure and I'm not 100% certain what comes next but I am know that we are making the right decisions and have to trust that things will work out as they should (still waiting for news on the old farmhouse...).   I had forgotten that the movers had to come and crate my marble table tops before the actual move and so last night I had to pack up my studio a few days earlier than I had planned.  The photo above is my quiet studio last night and a new painting titled 'Night Vision'.  I love the way the butterflies move against the velvety black background and the image of beauty in the darkness. Once we are settled into our temporary home I am hoping to set up a make shift studio table so I can work while the kids are in school.  I expect to be back here sharing new work (and hopefully some news on a new home) by the middle of April.  Thanks for reading...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I love the night butterflies! Good luck with all your big changes ahead. Hoping you get your farmhouse--

artslice said...

Holy mole Beth! It's been awhile since I've visited and what changes have occured since I've away.

I hope you have a great adventure in these next few months... transitioning into what sounds like a new chapter in your life. Praying for that farmhouse - sounds like heaven on earth. I'll be thinking of you :)

xo
Brenda