Thursday, October 18, 2012

In the works...



Oh,  there is so much in the works around here.  We put our house on the market just over a month ago and it has kept me both busy and distracted.  We have an ever-evolving-lets-just-wait and see-what happens kind of plan going on but it is becoming more fine tuned as we talk and talk and talk.  I'm sure I'll have more to say on this later as things work themselves out but the house and these big life decisions are what have been making my head fuzzy.  Earlier this week, amid the chaos of school garden activities, conferences and showings,  I was drawn back into the studio and these are the two pieces I started.  It felt so good to be in the moment of creating and not over thinking and analyzing and worrying that I found myself back in there the next day and the next.  Painting quiets my mind and taps into something louder than the noise in my head and I love that. 




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth,
I really like the one of the girl with the interesting hat. Have you ever looked at Maira Kalman's work-she uses a lot of hats like that.

Good luck with the house. Life-changing is right.

tangled sky studio said...

i adore maira kalman's work but don't remember noticing hats. i'll have to check that out. this person is wearing a furry bear hat. i believe she plans to join the circus : )

the nest said...

I'm loving that your studio time brings you solace amidst the busy-ness; that you found an escape hatch.

Hey, speaking of circus, have you read Night Circus? I'm about half through and am really enjoying it. Lots of fodder for the mind's eye!

xo

artslice said...

These look so interesting, as always, Beth. Your house on the market?! Are you moving to another city?

Enjoy the painting calm - and happy weekend.

Kate Fernyhough said...

your new paintings look gorgeous, it's great that you can work when things are in turmoil!!