Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Seriously....


...how could this not be amazing?  Mellow roasted garlic, smoky roasted tomatoes and hand made croutons bound together in a cheesy, creamy custard and baked until golden and bubbly.  If you're looking for a great vegetarian dish to serve along side a lovely salad or a new side dish for Thanksgiving I would highly recommend giving this delicious smelling comfort food a whirl. Next time, I think I'll use 1/2 gruyere and 1/2 fontina to add a little more depth to the custard (and I'm going to try and do individual ramekins instead of a large baking dish just for fun).  Well, the last of our house guests headed to the airport this morning which always leaves me feeling a bit melancholic and I intend to remedy that by getting into my studio as much as possible over the next few days.  I have 2 or 3 small blocks started and plan on re-working  a 10x20 inch board which has been in limbo for the past couple of months.  So I'm off to walk the dog, breath some fresh air and then turn up the tunes and get to work.  What are you up to today?

now playing :
We Can Be Timeless            (The Henry Clay People)
I've Got It All(most)            ( Modest Mouse)

1 comment:

artslice said...

That dish sounds like heaven! Your morning plans seem just the right thing to put you into that studio mode. Happy painting!