Friday, February 6, 2009

a good word is hard to find...


Oops!  Someone in my house is not going to be very happy with me.  It's not even 8am and today's NY Times has already fallen victim to the scissors (I'm told this makes it very difficult to read).  Although in my defense I have to say that most words are taken from titles so the articles are still readable.  It has become increasingly difficult to find good words to use in my paintings (no party or glamour girl wants to be caught wearing a glass half empty kind of word) so each day I scour the paper for little snippets of goodness, hope and inspiration.  

I'm almost ready for my show tonight although later I have to whip up blue cheese and toasted pecan spread (which i will put on crostini with a thin slice of pear).  If you haven't seen these or these yet you're in for a treat...have a great weekend!
 

9 comments:

artslice said...

Have a great time at your show tonight! The food sounds great... and there's always a little excitement in the air.
I am a big fan of Maira Kahlman... thanks for posting those links. Her work is so fun and refreshing. I'll convo you about those computer tricks! (and thanks:)

Unknown said...

The articles on the other side of the page are not readable however!

Chuck

tangled sky studio said...

brenda-it is exciting and the show is with such a great group of women....
chuck-haha!

Jamie Ribisi-Braley said...

"The articles on the other side of the page are not readable however!

Chuck"

--
hahahah-- I think someone's upset!

Heather Jerdee said...

Have a great time tonight!!! This is so funny, my husband and I have similar correspondence on facebook :)

belinda marshall said...

have a really good night :) hope it goes well. spread sounds yum. thanks for the priceless links!
xx

Sleepandhersisters said...

I wish you good luck at your show... I wish I could be there.

Katherine
x

Janice La Verne said...

hope there are photos of the show, and i want to make that blue cheese pear thing... yum, major yum.

i celebrate your evening!
Janice

Leililaloo said...

have very good great night at your show! And let us know how things went there, okay?