Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Works in progress...


The wheels are in motion, the balls are in the air and the train has left the station.  Any way you put it, things are happening in these parts.  I started packing over the weekend, figuring if I can manage a box or two per day it won't seem like such an overwhelming task.  I have just over three weeks to pack everything up and knowing I have a good start allows me the breathing room to do other things (like paint and cook).  In fact, as I write this post that pot of onions (shown above) is entering it's 2nd hour of cooking down to become French Onion Soup for dinner tonight and the smell is soooo amazing.  The recipe is pretty simple and much less greasy than the version you find in most restaurants.  It will be a special treat alongside a simple salad on this snowy day.  In addition walking from room to room, making mental lists and chopping onions I also spent some time in the studio working on a new encaustic piece.  That is exactly where I want to be the rest of the week and I hope to share a few more creative works in progress soon.  What are you working on these days?

No comments: