Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sleeping (in) Beauty...

Sleeping (in) Beauty
8x8

Oh my, it's been too many days since I've been in the studio.  The costume gig (for the kids play) has taken up much more time than expected, but tonight is opening night and everything is set and ready to go : )  It's been a really fun week and a half of thrifting, altering, repurposing and adjusting and I'm really excited to see it all come together on stage this evening (live theater is such a magical thing).  This morning I was able to spend a couple of hours in the studio and finished up this color and flower filled dream painting.  Art imitates life here as I have been filling the house with lilacs and viburnum and from the yard and dreaming of planting a small cutting garden once it's warm enough to sew the seeds for zinnias, poppies, cosmos, dahlias and sunflowers...any other suggestions welcome : )

No comments: