Wednesday, October 15, 2014

New work...

If I Had A Hammer
7.5" x 10.5"


Greetings from the middle of a gorgeous week.  The mix of foggy, rainy days and muted blue autumn skies against the golden fall foliage are my perfect kind of days.  I've been in the studio at all hours and have many pieces in progress which I hope to share soon.  It feels so good to be back in a creative groove. I keep finding wee bits of inspiration in my massive pile of bits and scraps and am afraid I am getting a little ahead of myself but for now I'm just going with it.  Some bits are new but some like 'if i had a hammer' have been hiding in the pile for a couple of years, waiting for the right scraps of print and color to come along and give it context.  I love all the color in this piece and I love the process of taking a little block of color and turning it into a house, a home, an abode, a haven and here I've taken many blocks of color and built a whole neighborhood.  I know which house is my favorite (blue w/red dot roof) but if you were my neighbor which house would you live in?

No comments: