Thursday, April 9, 2009

It must be spring....


The artichoke is a herald of spring and I was thrilled to see these baby artichokes in my local market.  I had just read a fabulous article in issue Saveur which whetted my appetite with sentences like "There is a sublime texture to a perfectly steamed artichoke heart: firm and creamy in a way that can be described only as confectionary.".  And so I snatched these babies right up to steam as the perfect side dish for the pork loin with balsamic-glazed onions and fingerling potatoes I'm making for dinner this evening.  
I've got two new oil/encaustic paintings in the works and am almost ready to get started on my end of the collaborative project I'm creating with Cathy Cullis (I'm hoping to gather a few more bits of inspiration over the weekend).  I'm also working on a little knitting project which is keeping my fingers flying......what have you been up to?

6 comments:

Tara Thayer said...

I'm off to NYC with the girls today, and some food shopping is always part of my plan; thanks for the menu, I'm going to swipe it right off of you! pork loin, balsamic glazed onions...do I have to wait until dinner?
Enjoy your day! tt

tangled sky studio said...

a trip into the city with the girls...what a fabulous day!
i LOVE new york and try to get there at least once a year just to get a fix....i hope you have a great afternoon!

artslice said...

Hi Beth,
Wow does that dinner sound yummy! Wish I had your talent for planning meals (and cooking them too)...your house must smell good most every night.
I've been getting back into knitting after a long break. I'm finishing my daughter's legwarmers and then will start on more socks. Plus I'm getting ready to print after finishing up several woodblocks... just one more to go. (wow, I talk a lot in the morning :)

tangled sky studio said...

brenda-we had pizza last night....so it's not always a feast around here (especially these days!). But the meal was yummy and the kids loved the baby artichokes....

Leililaloo said...

O my...I want this dinner you are maiking! What are fingerling patatoes? they sound so yummi, but i have no idea what they are..
I can't wait to see what the project with Cathy Cullis will bring...

Cathy Cullis said...

hello Beth, I am enjoying your blog as always and have made a tentative start on spoons of our collab project! I love your photo - it makes me hungry. I'm also knitting at the moment, it will take me a while to complete. I am pleased to find out you are a knitter also! take care x